SEATTLE (AP) – Texas manager Ron Washington says the Rangers expect to activate pitchers Neftali Feliz and Nick Tepesch and designated hitter Lance Berkman from the disabled list when rosters expand on Sunday.
Feliz, who has been sidelined for more than a year after undergoing Tommy John surgery, will complete his rehab assignment by throwing two to three innings on Wednesday for Triple-A Round Rock.
Tepesch, who is on the 15-day disabled list with elbow inflammation, is scheduled to make his final rehab assignment for Double-A Frisco on Friday. Washington says the right-hander will likely pitch out of the bullpen when he returns. Tepesch started each of his 16 appearances with the Rangers.
Berkman last played on Aug. 14 for Round Rock during a four-game rehab assignment. He’s been on the DL since July 7 because of left hip inflammation. Berkman has six home runs and 34 RBI in 68 games.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ExxonMobil Inspires Girls To Pursue Future In Engineering
- Big Rig Overturns, Catches Fire On I-35E
- Some Constituents Stand Behind John Wiley Price As His Trial Gets Underway
- Fort Worth Looking To Land 4-Star Hotel Next To Arts District
- Judge Blocks Texas Cutting Medicaid To Planned Parenthood