ARLINGTON (AP) — The Houston Texans need to pick a backup for Matt Schaub. The Dallas Cowboys have to decide whether to keep a third quarterback.
Both issues should be decided when the Texans visit the Cowboys in their preseason finale Thursday night.
Case Keenum will start for Houston, and T.J. Yates will play the second half. Alex Tanney is likely to play most or all of the game for the Cowboys after the release this week of Nick Stephens.
Yates filled in for an injured Schaub late in 2011 and was the starter for the first playoff win in franchise history. But Keenum has been good enough this preseason to challenge him.
Dallas didn’t keep a third quarterback behind Tony Romo and Kyle Orton last year. But Tanney was intriguing in camp.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Faksa Has Goal And Assist, Stars Beat Blues 2-1 In Game 1
- Cowboys’ Jaylon Smith – A Medical Risk But ‘Never Doubt God’
- Manizel: “I’ve Been The Same Person, Doing The Same Things Since It All Started”
- Texas Schools Spare No Expense For Huge Football Stadiums
- Keidel: Like Dan Marino, Laremy Tunsil A Victim Of Embellished Fears