Texans, Cowboys Looking At QBs In Preseason Finale
ARLINGTON (AP) — The Houston Texans need to pick a backup for Matt Schaub. The Dallas Cowboys have to decide whether to keep a third quarterback.
Both issues should be decided when the Texans visit the Cowboys in their preseason finale Thursday night.
Case Keenum will start for Houston, and T.J. Yates will play the second half. Alex Tanney is likely to play most or all of the game for the Cowboys after the release this week of Nick Stephens.
Yates filled in for an injured Schaub late in 2011 and was the starter for the first playoff win in franchise history. But Keenum has been good enough this preseason to challenge him.
Dallas didn’t keep a third quarterback behind Tony Romo and Kyle Orton last year. But Tanney was intriguing in camp.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- The Top 3 Potential Additions To The Cowboys Running Back Depth Chart
- The Top 5 Potential Playoff Starting Pitchers Under 26 Years-Old
- Notre Dame’s Zaire Seeks To Stay Calm Vs Texas Longhorns
- Ring Announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr.: ‘If Floyd Underestimates Berto, He Could Be In Trouble’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 31st-September 4th