Texas Tea Party Stages Rally In Austin
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) - Tea party activists are to rally at the Texas Capitol to urge Congress to withhold funding for the White House-backed health care law.
ForAmerica Chairman L. Brent Bozell III and Jenny Beth Martin, co-founder of the Tea Party Patriots, will be among the speakers to address Wednesday’s midday event.
They are coming to Texas because it’s the home state of Republican U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, who has fiercely opposed the health care overhaul but hasn’t said he’ll support specific efforts to defund it.
Fellow Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas has led a tea party-backed effort to press Congress to vote for a partial federal government shutdown to avoid funding the health care law. Even many Republicans, though, say that aim is excessive.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Texans Enjoy Unseasonably Cool Weather
- GM Financial To Expand Operations Center In Arlington
- House OKs Bill To block Obama Deportation Relief
- TxDOT Shuts Down Portion Of I-35W For Weekend
- Colleyville West Nile Woes Continue Despite Aggressive Treatment