AUSTIN (AP) – Tea party activists are to rally at the Texas Capitol to urge Congress to withhold funding for the White House-backed health care law.
ForAmerica Chairman L. Brent Bozell III and Jenny Beth Martin, co-founder of the Tea Party Patriots, will be among the speakers to address Wednesday’s midday event.
They are coming to Texas because it’s the home state of Republican U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, who has fiercely opposed the health care overhaul but hasn’t said he’ll support specific efforts to defund it.
Fellow Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas has led a tea party-backed effort to press Congress to vote for a partial federal government shutdown to avoid funding the health care law. Even many Republicans, though, say that aim is excessive.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Officer Known For Helping Others Needs Support
- Wounded Marine To Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Middle-Schoolers Ceremoniously Vote To Remove Confederate General’s Name From School
- Horse Center Founder Explains Why He Shut Down Special Needs Program
- Exclusive Interview: Tony Romo Talks Surgery, Downplays Injury