SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews in Southlake found something unusual while responding to a house fire. The incident took place shortly after 4:00 a.m. on Thursday morning in the 700 block of Cherry Court.
According to the Southlake Fire Department, one woman was rescued from the house fire. She was not hurt.
But it was 20 rabbits in the home’s garage — where the fire started — that caught the attention of officials at the scene. Apparently some hay used in caring for the animals is what somehow ignited. Firefighters were able to knock down the flames pretty quickly.
All of the animals were saved.
- Obama Grants Disaster Declarations For 25 Texas Counties
- Prestonwood Baptist Church Hosting Tim Tebow’s ‘Night To Shine’
- Six Flags Expanding With New Water Park In Mexico
- President Obama Sends Congress Record $4.1 Trillion 2017 Spending Plan
- Texas Allowing Transgender Inmates To Start Hormone Therapy