SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW.COM) - Emergency crews in Southlake found something unusual while responding to a house fire. The incident took place shortly after 4:00 a.m. on Thursday morning in the 700 block of Cherry Court.
According to the Southlake Fire Department, one woman was rescued from the house fire. She was not hurt.
But it was 20 rabbits in the home’s garage — where the fire started — that caught the attention of officials at the scene. Apparently some hay used in caring for the animals is what somehow ignited. Firefighters were able to knock down the flames pretty quickly.
All of the animals were saved.
- Dallas Native, Golf Pro Given “Key To The City”
- Pope Francis Is Time’s Person of the Year, Texas Senator Makes Top Five
- Death Penalty Upheld In Fort Worth Slaying
- Falling Ice Shuts Down Hunt Hill Bridge
- Therapy Dogs Helping Stressed College Kids