SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews in Southlake found something unusual while responding to a house fire. The incident took place shortly after 4:00 a.m. on Thursday morning in the 700 block of Cherry Court.
According to the Southlake Fire Department, one woman was rescued from the house fire. She was not hurt.
But it was 20 rabbits in the home’s garage — where the fire started — that caught the attention of officials at the scene. Apparently some hay used in caring for the animals is what somehow ignited. Firefighters were able to knock down the flames pretty quickly.
All of the animals were saved.
- Garrett: Dez Has A Slight Hairline Fracture In His Knee
- On The Rise: Matthew Fitzpatrick And European Tour’s Next Generation
- Cowboys Coach Garrett On Practice-To-Play Policy; Injury Update
- No Charges For Deputy Who Shot Inmate At DFW Airport
- Texas Beach Cleanup Yields Bowling Ball & Vampire Teeth