SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews in Southlake found something unusual while responding to a house fire. The incident took place shortly after 4:00 a.m. on Thursday morning in the 700 block of Cherry Court.
According to the Southlake Fire Department, one woman was rescued from the house fire. She was not hurt.
But it was 20 rabbits in the home’s garage — where the fire started — that caught the attention of officials at the scene. Apparently some hay used in caring for the animals is what somehow ignited. Firefighters were able to knock down the flames pretty quickly.
All of the animals were saved.
- Baby’s First Flight: Woman Gives Birth On Southwest Airplane
- Cowboys Cleats Up For Auction, Raising Thousands For Charity
- Key Issues Facing Texas Lawmakers In 2017
- Western Michigan Gets Cotton Bowl Nod To Play Big 10 Runner-Up Wisconsin
- Shooting At House In Dallas Leaves 1 Dead