SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews in Southlake found something unusual while responding to a house fire. The incident took place shortly after 4:00 a.m. on Thursday morning in the 700 block of Cherry Court.
According to the Southlake Fire Department, one woman was rescued from the house fire. She was not hurt.
But it was 20 rabbits in the home’s garage — where the fire started — that caught the attention of officials at the scene. Apparently some hay used in caring for the animals is what somehow ignited. Firefighters were able to knock down the flames pretty quickly.
All of the animals were saved.
- Police Looking For Woman That Stole Credit Card From Elderly Woman After She Died In Her Car
- Rangers’ Diekman Out At Least Half Season Because Of Colitis
- Oklahoma State Student From Bedford Died Of Alcohol Poisoning, Enlarged Heart
- Cowboys Zeke & Dak Lead NFL All-Rookie Team
- Police: Kids Taken 31 Years Ago Found Alive In Texas