SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews in Southlake found something unusual while responding to a house fire. The incident took place shortly after 4:00 a.m. on Thursday morning in the 700 block of Cherry Court.
According to the Southlake Fire Department, one woman was rescued from the house fire. She was not hurt.
But it was 20 rabbits in the home’s garage — where the fire started — that caught the attention of officials at the scene. Apparently some hay used in caring for the animals is what somehow ignited. Firefighters were able to knock down the flames pretty quickly.
All of the animals were saved.
- Opening Statements In The Corruption Trial Of John Wiley Price
- Viral Video: Local Pastor Sings Of His Love Of Biscuits
- Transgender Wrestler’s State Bid Spotlights Texas Policy
- Barford’s 16 Points Leads Arkansas Past Texas A&M, 86-77
- DNC Race Tight As Democrats Seek Gains Against Trump