SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews in Southlake found something unusual while responding to a house fire. The incident took place shortly after 4:00 a.m. on Thursday morning in the 700 block of Cherry Court.
According to the Southlake Fire Department, one woman was rescued from the house fire. She was not hurt.
But it was 20 rabbits in the home’s garage — where the fire started — that caught the attention of officials at the scene. Apparently some hay used in caring for the animals is what somehow ignited. Firefighters were able to knock down the flames pretty quickly.
All of the animals were saved.
- Fort Worth Cars Covered In Bricks After Storm
- Ex-NFL Star Michael Irvin Investigated In Sex Battery Case
- Powerful Winds Tear Through Homes In Rockwall
- Woman Strikes Capitol Police Cruiser, Taken Into Custody
- KT: Top 60 Players To Watch In NFL Draft