NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) – Warner Bros. set off an online firestorm last week when it announced that Ben Affleck had been cast as Batman in the next Superman film.
A wave of outrage ensued on social media, but Matt Damon certainly wasn’t one of the detractors.
During a recent visit to India, the “Elysium” star weighed in on the controversial casting decision, sticking up for his longtime friend and “Good Will Hunting” collaborator.
“You know, he’s not playing King Lear,” Damon told The Times of India, “It’s Batman, certainly within his skill set. If anybody saw ‘Argo’ or ‘The Town,’ and all the work he’s been doing lately, it’s way more nuanced and interesting and way more difficult than Batman!”
- Search For Man Accused Of Shooting Cedar Hill Jogger
- Firefighters Battle 2-Alarm Fire At Dallas Apartment Complex
- Cowboys Open Training Camp At The Star
- Adult Flu Vaccines Now Available In Dallas County
- New York Giants Lineman Charged With Assault In Oklahoma