NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) - Warner Bros. set off an online firestorm last week when it announced that Ben Affleck had been cast as Batman in the next Superman film.
A wave of outrage ensued on social media, but Matt Damon certainly wasn’t one of the detractors.
During a recent visit to India, the “Elysium” star weighed in on the controversial casting decision, sticking up for his longtime friend and “Good Will Hunting” collaborator.
“You know, he’s not playing King Lear,” Damon told The Times of India, “It’s Batman, certainly within his skill set. If anybody saw ‘Argo’ or ‘The Town,’ and all the work he’s been doing lately, it’s way more nuanced and interesting and way more difficult than Batman!”
- Mack Brown: “I Have Not Decided To Step Down”
- Air Force: Bird Strike Caused North Texas Crash Of $8M Jet
- Rangers Holland, Andrus Recreate Scene From ‘A Christmas Story’
- Insurance Claims Rolling In As Ice Melts
- GM Names Mary Barra As CEO