NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) – Warner Bros. set off an online firestorm last week when it announced that Ben Affleck had been cast as Batman in the next Superman film.
A wave of outrage ensued on social media, but Matt Damon certainly wasn’t one of the detractors.
During a recent visit to India, the “Elysium” star weighed in on the controversial casting decision, sticking up for his longtime friend and “Good Will Hunting” collaborator.
“You know, he’s not playing King Lear,” Damon told The Times of India, “It’s Batman, certainly within his skill set. If anybody saw ‘Argo’ or ‘The Town,’ and all the work he’s been doing lately, it’s way more nuanced and interesting and way more difficult than Batman!”
- Holiday Weekend Begins With Record $415 Million Mega Millions Jackpot
- Cowboys Jerry Should Grant McClain One More Wish
- Heat Center Hassan Whiteside Spurns Mavs To Stay In Miami
- Preparing For & Keeping Safe When You Hit The Road This July 4th
- Another Swimming Showdown For Phelps & Lochte