NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) – Warner Bros. set off an online firestorm last week when it announced that Ben Affleck had been cast as Batman in the next Superman film.
A wave of outrage ensued on social media, but Matt Damon certainly wasn’t one of the detractors.
During a recent visit to India, the “Elysium” star weighed in on the controversial casting decision, sticking up for his longtime friend and “Good Will Hunting” collaborator.
“You know, he’s not playing King Lear,” Damon told The Times of India, “It’s Batman, certainly within his skill set. If anybody saw ‘Argo’ or ‘The Town,’ and all the work he’s been doing lately, it’s way more nuanced and interesting and way more difficult than Batman!”
- Police Investigate Drive-By Shooting Outside Elementary School
- Google Fiber Halts Expansion Plans In Texas
- High Turnout Continues The Second Day Of Early Voting In North Texas
- Voter Error Blamed For Problems With Machines
- North Texan Is Last Surviving Member Of ’48 World Champion Indians