Sen. Wendy Davis Delays Decision On TX Governor’s Race
AUSTIN (AP) – Fort Worth Sen. Wendy Davis says she is delaying an announcement about her future plans to care for her ailing father.
Davis had said she would make an announcement on whether she would run for governor shortly after Labor Day. But she has spent much of the last two weeks caring for her father, Jerry Russell. He has been in critical condition at a Fort Worth hospital for the past week following complications from a surgery.
In a statement released Thursday, Davis said she would not make any announcements in the near future so that she could concentrate on caring for her father. She said she hopes her father will be able to join her in the next few weeks when she does announce her plans.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Officials: Teen Arrested After Patrol Car Set Afire In Texas
- GOP Hopeful Ted Cruz To Visit Tupelo, Olive Branch Aug. 11
- ‘Mission: Impossible’ Climbs To No. 1, ‘Vacation’ Is A Bust
- Hamilton Homers, Perez Wins As Rangers Edge Giants 2-1
- Police Investigating Drowning Death Of Dallas Two-Year-Old