Sen. Wendy Davis Delays Decision On TX Governor’s Race
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) – Fort Worth Sen. Wendy Davis says she is delaying an announcement about her future plans to care for her ailing father.
Davis had said she would make an announcement on whether she would run for governor shortly after Labor Day. But she has spent much of the last two weeks caring for her father, Jerry Russell. He has been in critical condition at a Fort Worth hospital for the past week following complications from a surgery.
In a statement released Thursday, Davis said she would not make any announcements in the near future so that she could concentrate on caring for her father. She said she hopes her father will be able to join her in the next few weeks when she does announce her plans.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Police Investigating Two Highway Shootings
- Former NBA Star Tracy McGrady Signs With Texas Baseball Team
- Perez Help Rangers Sweep A’s With 3-0 Win
- Cowboys Add Caleb Hanie To Grab-Bag QB Group
- Feds Investigate Immigrant Teacher Hiring In North Texas