FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — A vehicle carrying a family of five was struck by a train as it crossed the tracks in south Fort Worth on Thursday morning.
Three children and their mother were transported to local hospitals for evaluation, though none of the injuries appear to be life threatening.
Fort Worth police were dispatched at 7:17 a.m. to the 1500 block of West Biddison at Ryan Street.
Police say the train was traveling about 25 mph at the time of the collision.
According to firefighters on the scene, the vehicle was pushed approximately 200 feet down the tracks before coming to a stop.
Initial reports indicate that the lights at the crossing were flashing and that the crossing arms were in the downward motion when the driver made the decision to cross the tracks.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- BIG 12 Preview: Texas vs Oklahoma State
- House Lawmakers Heap Criticism On Wells Fargo CEO
- BIG 12 Preview: Oklahoma vs TCU
- At Least 1 Dead After Commuter Rail Crash In New Jersey
- PepsiCo Sees Sales Growth In Both Drinks & Snacks