DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM ) – A Dallas woman is hospitalized with serious injuries after she was rescued from her burning Lake Highlands home.
Firefighters say the woman and her husband woke up to the smell of smoke and both initially safely escaped the home, located in the 9900 block of Milltrail Drive. Once outside, she ran back in for an unknown reason.
Firefighters pulled the woman out of the home unresponsive. There is no word on her condition.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. The first fire crews on the scene saw a glow coming from the garage. They eventually pried the door open and were able to extinguish the fire.
Dallas Fire-Rescue says this is an important reminder to stay out of a fire, once you get out. They warn it can take less than 10 seconds to get disoriented and pass out in a smoke filled house, so you should never take a chance that you can make it out safely a second time.
- Police Seek Man Who Tried To Kidnap 9-Year-Old Walking Home From School
- Millions Spent On School District Leadership Teams
- Lawyer Apologizes After Video Proves Trooper Did Not Commit Rape
- Pakistan Teen Killed At Texas School Is Laid To Rest
- Fort Worth Invitational At The Colonial Rich With Tradition