FBI Seeks Serial Robber Dubbed ‘Regular Joe Bandit’
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The FBI and local law enforcement agencies are looking for a bank robbery suspect dubbed the “Regular Joe Bandit”. The man is believed to be responsible for robbing up to five North Texas banks since February.
Each robbery has occurred at a bank branch located inside a large retail store.
“He enters the retail store, and approaches the teller counter,” says Katherine Chaumont with the FBI. “In addition to displaying a note, he also verbally demands cash and leaves the store through the main doors.”
To date, no one has been injured in any of the robberies he is believed to be connected to, though the suspect has brandished a weapon on at least one occassion.
- 2/12/2013, Wells Fargo Bank (Tom Thumb),2301 Justin Road, Flower Mound
- 5/28/2013, First Convenience Bank (Kroger), 7505 N. MacArthur Boulevard, Irving
- 6/18/2013, Woodforest National Bank (Wal-Mart), 9101 N. Tarrant Parkway, North Richland Hills
- 7/10/2013, Denton Area Teachers Credit Union (Tom Thunb), 101 Trophy Club Drive, Trophy Club
- 8/15/2013, Woodforest National Bank (Wal-Mart), 1035 Hickory Creek Drive, Hickory Creek
The man earned the name due to his casual appearance and calm demeanor during the crimes.
The man is described as a white male, 40 to 50 years old, standing 5’8″ to 6’0″ tall. He has a medium build and is estimated to weight between 160 and 185 pounds.
He has been seen wearing glasses or sunglasses, long sleeves, jeans and tennis shoes. He has also worn a solid, dark hat.
The suspect is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Dallas office of the FBI at 972-559-5000.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Perry: America Must End ‘Ambivalence’ On Israel
- VIDEO: Denton Jailer Fired For Leg Sweep On Prisoner
- George W. Bush Writes Book About Father
- Study: Female Breast Cancer Rates Higher In Flower Mound
- ‘Spiritual Healer’ Arrested For Sexual Assault