IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) — Dallas Cowboys owner and GM Jerry Jones joined 105.3 The Fan’s Elf & Slater on Friday to discuss the team following the Cowboys’ final preseason game.
When asked about the state of the offensive line, Jones agreed that Ron Leary and Doug Free could very well be the team’s starting guards on opening day.
“If [Leary] is playing, what you just outlined could have a good result,” said Jones. “We’ll show how this shakes out relative to availability here against the Giants. In Leary’s case, we’ve got to him out there and get him punching; there’s no question that he’s a starter. The question of him being ready is the issue.”
Jones also discussed the rehab of defensive tackle Jay Ratliff, Anthony Spencer’s health status for the opener, and his thoughts on the NFL’s recent settlement of concussion-related lawsuits.
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Baker Mayfield Rejects Johnny Manziel Comparisons As NFL Combine Nears
- Devonte Graham Leads Kansas To 104-74 Rout Of Oklahoma
- Cavaliers & Warriors Ready For Sprint To NBA Season’s Finish
- Carroll ISD Board To Discuss High School Football Coach’s Future
- Baylor’s Lady Bears Clinch Big 12 Title With 93-87 Win Over Texas