ARLINGTON (AP) – The Texas Rangers have recalled left-handed reliever Joseph Ortiz from Round Rock and sent down right-hander Ross Wolf.
It will be Ortiz’s fourth stint with the Rangers in the 23-year-old’s rookie season. He is 2-1 with a 3.96 ERA in 25 appearances covering 36 1-3 innings. He has worked 7 1-3 scoreless innings over his last three outings with Texas.
Ortiz is 2-1 with two saves and a 3.08 ERA in 19 appearances with Round Rock.
Wolf is 1-3 with a 4.14 ERA in 21 games, including three starts. Wolf is a combined 1-2 with a 2.02 ERA in stints with Round Rock and Double-A Frisco.
Manager Ron Washington said the Rangers needed a left-hander in the bullpen and Wolf will return next week when rosters expand.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 20-Year-Old Woman Dies In Head-On Crash In Joshua
- MedStar Responds To At Least 10 Rollover Crashes Due To Weather
- Police Give Gifts To Children Of Mother Killed At Dollar General During Robbery
- Woman Donates Gifts To Children In Honor Of Husband, Son
- Silvers Lifts Troy Over UNT, 50-30, In New Orleans Bowl