ARLINGTON (AP) – The Texas Rangers have recalled left-handed reliever Joseph Ortiz from Round Rock and sent down right-hander Ross Wolf.
It will be Ortiz’s fourth stint with the Rangers in the 23-year-old’s rookie season. He is 2-1 with a 3.96 ERA in 25 appearances covering 36 1-3 innings. He has worked 7 1-3 scoreless innings over his last three outings with Texas.
Ortiz is 2-1 with two saves and a 3.08 ERA in 19 appearances with Round Rock.
Wolf is 1-3 with a 4.14 ERA in 21 games, including three starts. Wolf is a combined 1-2 with a 2.02 ERA in stints with Round Rock and Double-A Frisco.
Manager Ron Washington said the Rangers needed a left-hander in the bullpen and Wolf will return next week when rosters expand.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump Dashes Cruz’s Hopes In Indiana; Sanders-Clinton Close
- Police: Missy Bevers Suffered Multiple Puncture Wounds To Head And Chest
- Clear Fork Development Coming Along Quickly In Fort Worth
- Forney Adds “In God We Trust” To City Vehicles
- SPCA of Texas Rescues Dogs From South Korean Dog Meat Farm