COLLEGE STATION (AP) — No. 7 Texas A&M has announced the suspensions of four players for two games just minutes before the start of the season-opener against Rice.
Cornerback De’Vante Harris, linebacker Steven Jenkins, defensive end Gavin Stansbury and receiver Edward Pope have all been suspended for the first two games of the season for violating team rules.
Harris, Jenkins, Stansbury were all listed as starters on the most recent depth chart.
The Aggies are also missing Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel for the first half on Saturday after he was suspended for an “inadvertent” NCAA rules violation earlier this week.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Cowboys’ Witten, NFL Prospects Help Kids Get Suited For Success
- Leaderboard: Andrew Landry And PGA Tour Second Chances
- The Baseball Report: Manaea Records First No-Hitter Of Season
- Colonial Gets New PGA Tour Title Sponsor With Charles Schwab
- Anthony Davis Leading Pelicans On Path To NBA Small-Market Success