COLLEGE STATION (AP) — No. 7 Texas A&M has announced the suspensions of four players for two games just minutes before the start of the season-opener against Rice.
Cornerback De’Vante Harris, linebacker Steven Jenkins, defensive end Gavin Stansbury and receiver Edward Pope have all been suspended for the first two games of the season for violating team rules.
Harris, Jenkins, Stansbury were all listed as starters on the most recent depth chart.
The Aggies are also missing Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel for the first half on Saturday after he was suspended for an “inadvertent” NCAA rules violation earlier this week.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Patterson 202 Games At TCU, Snyder Seeks 201st K-State Win
- Chris Arnold Stories: NBA Legends Ballin’ In Roger Staubach’s Backyard
- Rolando McClain Suspended Indefinitely For Violating NFL’s Substance Abuse Policy
- Keidel: Why The Cowboys’ Win Streak Continues
- Are The Cowboys Canada’s Team? Jerry Jones Says So