COLLEGE STATION (AP) — No. 7 Texas A&M has announced the suspensions of four players for two games just minutes before the start of the season-opener against Rice.
Cornerback De’Vante Harris, linebacker Steven Jenkins, defensive end Gavin Stansbury and receiver Edward Pope have all been suspended for the first two games of the season for violating team rules.
Harris, Jenkins, Stansbury were all listed as starters on the most recent depth chart.
The Aggies are also missing Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel for the first half on Saturday after he was suspended for an “inadvertent” NCAA rules violation earlier this week.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Volquez Returns To Rangers On Minor League Deal While Recovering
- Carroll ISD Sends Summary Of Findings Into Football Program Violations To UIL
- Gary Parrish: Xavier And Cincinnati Both Have Final Four Potential
- Keidel: Great Athletes Don’t Always Make Great Champions
- Struggling ‘Nova Faces Surging Xavier, Top Teams Clash In AAC This Weekend