Cowboys Get Special Teamer Jones From Chiefs
IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) — The Dallas Cowboys addressed their special-teams woes with a Saturday trade to acquire Kansas City linebacker/defensive end Edgar Jones. In the deal, Dallas swaps its 2014 sixth-round pick for the Chiefs’ 2014 seventh-round pick.
Jones, 28, led Kansas City in special-teams tackles last season and was a standout for the Ravens in the same department before that. At 6-3, 260 he likely fits with Dallas as a backup defensive end as well.
Jones takes the 53-man roster spot vacated by guard Nate Livings, who was placed on the Injured-Reserve list.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- NFC East Preview: Will Murray’s Departure Be Too Much For Dallas?
- New SMU Coach Chad Morris Certain Of Turnaround Despite Odds
- Andrus Leads Rangers To 8-6 Win Over Padres
- U.S. Olympic Committee Announces City Of Los Angeles As The Bid To Host 2024 Olympics
- CBS Sports To Stream NFL On CBS Coverage For Regular & Postseason Games Headlined By Super Bowl 50