North Texas Dominates Idaho In 40-6 Win
DENTON (AP) – Derek Thompson threw for 349 yards and two touchdowns in North Texas University’s dominating 40-6 victory over Idaho in the season opener for both teams Saturday.
Thompson completed 23 of 27 passes and contributed to the Mean Green’s 591 total yards. North Texas running back Brandin Byrd scored two touchdowns on 57 yards rushing. Idaho scored first but Byrd’s first touchdown for the Mean Green started a 34-point scoring run that Idaho could not answer the rest of the game.
The Vandals’ Chad Chalich threw a quick touchdown pass to Jake Manley in the first possession of the game for Idaho’s only points. The extra point kick was blocked. Chalich threw 19-for-27 for 230 yards. Idaho picked up 11 penalties throughout the game that cost them 95 yards. Head coach Paul Petrino’s debut was a disappointing start to the Vandals’ season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)]
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Moustakas Hits Grand Slam In Royals’ Victory Over Rangers
- 30 Players: Baseball’s Top Prospect Bryant Won’t Wait Long For Cubs Debut
- Lady Bears Fall Short Of Final Four, Prepare For Next Season
- Pre-Game Playlist: Devon Still ‘Shakes It Off’ With Daughter Leah
- Texas Freshman Myles Turner Says He’ll Enter NBA Draft