FORT WORTH (CBDFW.COM) - A strong earthquake rattled East Texas Monday evening.
According to the USGS, a 4.1 magnitude earthquake shook the town of Timpson, Texas, about 25 miles Northeast of Nacogdoches at about 4:52 p.m.
The depth of the quake was 5.1 km or 3.1 miles down.
That registers as one of the strongest earthquakes ever to hit the state of Texas.
The strongest Texas earthquake was 5.8 near Valentine, Texas, in 1931.
- Arencibia, Rangers Complete $1.8M Contract
- Family: Deadly Lake Lewisville Bridge Crash Was Preventable
- Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash
- Another Earthquake Hits Azle
- Some DISD Elementary Students Spend Part Of Day Without Heat