Spencer Still Out As Opening Week Begins
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
IRVING (AP) – Dallas Cowboys defensive end Anthony Spencer still hasn’t returned to practice less than a week before the season opener.
Spencer wasn’t on the field Monday, although it was essentially a bonus session to prepare for Sunday night’s opener against the New York Giants.
The seventh-year pro missed all of training camp. He had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee July 25 after an injury from offseason workouts flared up in the pre-camp conditioning test.
Spencer is playing his second straight season under the franchise tag after leading the team in tackles and getting a career-high 11 sacks in 2012.
The 29-year-old Spencer’s injury means journeyman George Selvie could start against the Giants. Selvie didn’t join the Cowboys until the fourth day of camp.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Staples: Customer Data Exposed In Security Breach
- Rondo Wants Another Title Run In Move To Dallas
- Perry: Top Official Resigning Over No-Bid Contract
- Unexpected Surprise For Some Collin County Burglary Victims
- Animal Shelter At Code Red Full; Specials Offered