Romo Reveals ‘Special’ Throwing Change
IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) – Quarterback Tony Romo tells me that he’s “discovered something that is going to be really special’’ with a change in his throwing mechanics as he prepares for the 2013 Cowboys season.
“I don’t want to get into all the details of it,’’ “Romo recently revealed as part of a pair of one-on-one interviews. “But I really think it can be a positive change.’’
The “change’’ is highly subtle and involves arm angles and release points. Romo first shared the information with me in Oxnard, Calif., in early August when he took to the training camp field a full two hours ahead of schedule for a private workout. He came away from that experimental session beaming.
In this preseason, while continuing to tinker with the change, Romo completed 72 percent of his passes and looked especially sharp throwing downfield to receivers Dez Bryant and Miles Austin. While head coach Jason Garrett tells FOXSportsSouthwest to not overstate the importance of QBs experimenting with their mechanics (as it is so commonplace), Romo is clearly trying to do his part to earn his new $118-million contract and to put behind him parts of a 2012 season in which he finished third in the NFL with 4,903 passing yards but tied for the league lead in interceptions with 19.
“I really am excited about it,’’ Romo said Monday in an exclusive visit while preparing for the Sunday night opener against the Giants. “It’s going to be a great thing.’’
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
*Listen to the New York Giants vs Dallas Cowboys – Sunday September 8th locally on 105.3 The Fan
- Frisco Freedom Fest Entertains Thousands On Fourth
- Historic Ft. Worth Neighborhoods Come Alive On Fourth
- Another Near Drowning In Fort Worth
- Charity-Driven Fireworks Stand Burglarized In Kaufman County
- Lake Arlington Is Packed For Fourth
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time
- David Dewhurst Calls Police To Try & Free Relative
- Rape Suspect Sends Victim’s Family Explicit Text Messages
- Thief Vandalizes Church, Steals School Supplies For Kids
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
OLAPIC SPORTS UGC: