2 People Shot At Richardson Rehab Center
RICHARDSON (CBSDFW.COM) - A man at a rehabilitation center in Richardson shot one person in the leg before turning the gun on himself on Monday night. The incident happened at about 9:30 p.m. in the 1400 block of Lamp Post Lane.
The drug and alcohol treatment center was located at a home in a residential neighborhood. The suspected shooter had been a resident at the center, but was being evicted for violating their procedures. As workers were escorting the 41-year-old man out of the house, he pulled out a gun and shot one unidentified person in the leg.
That victim was transported to a hospital in Plano, and is expected to be okay.
The suspect was inside of the home when officers arrived on the scene. As police approached, that suspect grabbed his gun and fired again at his own head. He died in front of a police officer. The suspect’s name has not been released. Nobody else was injured in this incident.
- Super Saturday Tops Black Friday as Biggest Shopping Day
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cedar Hill Beats Katy Again For Texas 6A-II Title
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat