MCALLEN (AP) – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is beginning a two-day tour of the lower Texas-Mexico border to tout his record in the U.S. Senate and talk about border security.
The freshman Texas Republican senator also will continue his campaign to press Congress to defund programs of the Affordable Health Care Act in stops in Mission, McAllen and Laredo.
Cruz begins the tour with his Mission and McAllen stops on Tuesday, followed by a stop in Laredo on Wednesday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anonymous Labor Of Love For Grieving Families
- Security Tightens For U2 Concert At AT&T Stadium
- Gov. Abbott Pressuring House, Senate To Pass Bathroom Bill
- Frisco Named Second-Fastest Growing City In America
- McKinney Named As One Of Fastest Growing Cities In Country