FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — A man put a gun to his head and threatened suicide on Tuesday morning before surrendering to police in a Fort Worth city park.
The incident began just after 6:30 a.m. in Gateway Park in East Fort Worth. As police were on routine patrols running vehicle license plates, one vehicle came up as stolen from Carrollton.
The three vehicle occupants all exited the vehicle at the request of police, but the driver put a gun to his head and threatened suicide.
The man eventually surrendered to police without incident.
The two passengers claimed to be unaware that the vehicle was stolen.
Fort Worth police blocked off the park and deployed a SWAT team to the scene.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Activist Group Calls For Feds To Investigate DPD Shootings
- Potholes A Troublesome Reminder Of Ice Storm
- Etihad Airways To Launch Dallas-UAE Flights in 2014
- 3 Suspected Felony Lane Gang Members Arrested In Rowlett
- Texas A&M Resurrects Journalism Program