ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman was shot and killed at a home in Arlington on Monday night. The incident happened at around 9:15 p.m. in the 3600 block of Montridge Court, close to Interstate-20 and Park Springs Boulevard.
The woman had made a concerned call to 911 saying that her son had a gun. And when officers arrived, that woman had been shot.
Authorities took the son, suspected to be the shooter, into custody at the scene. Other relatives at the home explained that the suspect and the victim — identified as 20-year-old Jonathan Peter Lannon and 38-year-old Melanie Spencer — had gotten into an altercation in regards to the weapon.
Spencer ultimately died from her injuries. The Arlington Police Department had first charged Lannon with manslaughter, but that has since been upgraded to murder. He has also been charged with two counts of aggravated assault for allegedly pointing the gun at his grandparents.
- Latest NHL Power Rankings
- Austin Bombings: PD Says Tripwire May Have Triggered Latest Explosion
- Keidel: March Madness Lives Up To The Name
- 30 Players: Ohtani, Barreto Top List Of Best Prospects In AL West
- In The Market For A Tesla? You’ll Have To Hurry To Get The Tax Credit