ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman was shot and killed at a home in Arlington on Monday night. The incident happened at around 9:15 p.m. in the 3600 block of Montridge Court, close to Interstate-20 and Park Springs Boulevard.
The woman had made a concerned call to 911 saying that her son had a gun. And when officers arrived, that woman had been shot.
Authorities took the son, suspected to be the shooter, into custody at the scene. Other relatives at the home explained that the suspect and the victim — identified as 20-year-old Jonathan Peter Lannon and 38-year-old Melanie Spencer — had gotten into an altercation in regards to the weapon.
Spencer ultimately died from her injuries. The Arlington Police Department had first charged Lannon with manslaughter, but that has since been upgraded to murder. He has also been charged with two counts of aggravated assault for allegedly pointing the gun at his grandparents.
- Mayor: Much Of Rockport Will Not Be Rebuilt After Harvey
- Police Spend Day Searching Open Fields, Looking For Missing Toddler
- 8 North Texas Men Arrested For Roles In Sex-Trafficking Operation
- Longhorns Coach Herman Still Talking Rebuilding At 3-3
- Columbus Crew SC Owner May Move Soccer Team To Austin