Wrong-Way Driver Injured In Melissa Crash
Get Breaking News First
MELISSA (CBSDFW.COM) - One person was seriously injured after a wrong-way collision along U.S. Highway 75, near Melissa Road, in Collin County. The incident happened at about 12:30 a.m. early Tuesday morning.
The person’s vehicle was traveling northbound in the southbound lanes of traffic when it crashed into an 18-wheeler. The crash shut down both sides of the freeway for several hours.
The victim was transported by air ambulance to Medical Center of Plano. His condition is not known, but his injuries were not thought to be life threatening. The driver of the 18-wheeler was not hurt at all.
Police believe that alcohol played a factor in the crash, and the injured driver is being investigated for a possible DWI charge. Authorities did not say where the driver may have entered the highway.
- Rangers Fall 16-2 To White Sox At Globe Life Park
- Easter Services In West Mark New Beginning
- Spurs Escape Mavs To Win Opening Playoff Game, 90-85
- Probe Could Complicate Rick Perry’s Prospects
- “Elite News” Founder, Civil Rights Activist Bill Blair Dead At 92