MELISSA (CBSDFW.COM) - One person was seriously injured after a wrong-way collision along U.S. Highway 75, near Melissa Road, in Collin County. The incident happened at about 12:30 a.m. early Tuesday morning.
The person’s vehicle was traveling northbound in the southbound lanes of traffic when it crashed into an 18-wheeler. The crash shut down both sides of the freeway for several hours.
The victim was transported by air ambulance to Medical Center of Plano. His condition is not known, but his injuries were not thought to be life threatening. The driver of the 18-wheeler was not hurt at all.
Police believe that alcohol played a factor in the crash, and the injured driver is being investigated for a possible DWI charge. Authorities did not say where the driver may have entered the highway.
- Education Emerging As Issue In Abbott-Davis Race
- Car Repair Shops Expect To Be Busy For Months
- Some DISD Schools Go For Second Day Without Heat
- Dallas Council Passes Gas Drilling Ordinance With Restrictions
- Cowboys’ Selvie, Scandrick Fined By NFL For Hits