DESOTO (CBDSFW.COM) — A man dubbed the “Checkbook Bandit” who robbed five banks in DeSoto has been sentenced to 90 months in federal prison.
Victor Lemond Williams, 43, of Dallas, used a checkbook registry to display his demand notes in the robberies — thus earning the name.
Williams pleaded guilty to five counts of bank robbery and was sentenced on Wednesday morning.
Over a four month period, Williams three times robbed a Chase bank location at 721 W. Beltline Rd. (Sept. 19, 2011; Dec. 5, 2011; Dec 23, 2011)
He also robbed a Bank of America location at 931 W. Beltline Rd twice in the same time frame (Sept. 22, 2011; Jan. 3, 2012).
Police arrested Williams in January 2012 after receiving a number of tips from released bank surveillance video.
The case was investigated by the DeSoto Police Department and the FBI.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 3-Alarm Fire In Irving Apartment Complex Displaces Multiple Families
- No. 4 Baylor Women Win 10th Straight, 81-49 Over Kansas
- 1 Dead, 1 Injured After Fires Burn Garland Townhouse & Nearby Duplex
- Bill Jones’ Pro Football Hall of Fame Ballot
- Felix Scores 20 To Lead Texas Over Texas Tech 69-59