ERCOT Prepared For Fall & Winter Demand
AUSTIN (AP) – The manager of the electric grid serving most of Texas says it’s ready to meet the power demands expected this autumn and winter.
Warren Lasher is the director of system planning for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas in Austin. Lasher says ERCOT’s system appears to be well-prepared for fall electric needs, and that outlook continues into the coming winter months.
Lasher spoke Tuesday after ERCOT issued its seasonal assessment of peak demand for the coming two seasons.
ERCOT says peak demand for this summer has remained below historical highs.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Property Values Way Up In North Texas
- Abbott Signs Pre-K Boost, But Work Remains For Republicans
- Drones Help Parker County Scope Out Flood Damage
- Hamilton Homecoming: 2010 AL MVP Back In Texas On Home Team
- Texas Company Needs OK From Landowners To Build Pipeline