AUSTIN (AP) – The manager of the electric grid serving most of Texas says it’s ready to meet the power demands expected this autumn and winter.
Warren Lasher is the director of system planning for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas in Austin. Lasher says ERCOT’s system appears to be well-prepared for fall electric needs, and that outlook continues into the coming winter months.
Lasher spoke Tuesday after ERCOT issued its seasonal assessment of peak demand for the coming two seasons.
ERCOT says peak demand for this summer has remained below historical highs.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cement Manufacturer To Reduce Pollution From 5 Plants
- John Hinckley, Jr’s Highland Park Classmate Talks About His “Good Friend”
- Shooter Targeting Vehicles On Highway 5 In Anna
- Rangers Aquire Pitchers Harrell, Alvarez From Braves
- Frisco Development Booming, City’s Population 150K+