ERCOT Prepared For Fall & Winter Demand
AUSTIN (AP) - The manager of the electric grid serving most of Texas says it’s ready to meet the power demands expected this autumn and winter.
Warren Lasher is the director of system planning for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas in Austin. Lasher says ERCOT’s system appears to be well-prepared for fall electric needs, and that outlook continues into the coming winter months.
Lasher spoke Tuesday after ERCOT issued its seasonal assessment of peak demand for the coming two seasons.
ERCOT says peak demand for this summer has remained below historical highs.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Perry: Ongoing Felony Case Won’t Delay 2016 Preparations
- Ford Recalls 221,000 Cars & Vans
- Nissan Recalls Nearly 768,000 SUVs
- Novak Djokovic Reaches His 25th Grand Slam Semifinal
- Perry To Respond To His Case Continuation