ERCOT Prepared For Fall & Winter Demand
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) - The manager of the electric grid serving most of Texas says it’s ready to meet the power demands expected this autumn and winter.
Warren Lasher is the director of system planning for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas in Austin. Lasher says ERCOT’s system appears to be well-prepared for fall electric needs, and that outlook continues into the coming winter months.
Lasher spoke Tuesday after ERCOT issued its seasonal assessment of peak demand for the coming two seasons.
ERCOT says peak demand for this summer has remained below historical highs.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stars Hold Off Canucks To Win 6-3
- Consumer Alert: Another Road Block In Air Bags Recall
- Washington Post Editor Ben Bradlee Dies At 93
- Top 5 Places To Look For Hidden Fees & How To Avoid Them
- Kimberly-Clark To Cut Up To 1,300 Jobs