ERCOT Prepared For Fall & Winter Demand
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) - The manager of the electric grid serving most of Texas says it’s ready to meet the power demands expected this autumn and winter.
Warren Lasher is the director of system planning for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas in Austin. Lasher says ERCOT’s system appears to be well-prepared for fall electric needs, and that outlook continues into the coming winter months.
Lasher spoke Tuesday after ERCOT issued its seasonal assessment of peak demand for the coming two seasons.
ERCOT says peak demand for this summer has remained below historical highs.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Halliburton Reaches $1.1B Gulf Oil Spill Settlement
- Updated UT License Plates Now On Sale
- Is Receiving ‘Credit’ Important To Jerry Jones?
- Jerry Expects To See ‘Improved’ Romo Against 49ers
- Netflix Debuts New Selective Sharing Feature For Recommendations