ERCOT Prepared For Fall & Winter Demand
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) - The manager of the electric grid serving most of Texas says it’s ready to meet the power demands expected this autumn and winter.
Warren Lasher is the director of system planning for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas in Austin. Lasher says ERCOT’s system appears to be well-prepared for fall electric needs, and that outlook continues into the coming winter months.
Lasher spoke Tuesday after ERCOT issued its seasonal assessment of peak demand for the coming two seasons.
ERCOT says peak demand for this summer has remained below historical highs.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Riding In The Heat With MedStar
- Dallas Man To Be Exonerated For 1990 Rape Conviction
- ‘Big Brother’ Derrick’s Dad Dishes On ALL Players In The House
- Drivers Reap Benefits Of “Gas Station War”
- Cowboys LB McClain Misses Start Of Camp For Trial