WASHINGTON (AP) – The union representing flight attendants for AirTran Airways has announced a tentative contract agreement.
Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Co. bought AirTran in May 2011 and is moving toward merging the two operations under the Southwest name.
The AirTran unit of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA said Tuesday that the deal with Southwest would cover 1,700 flight attendants, who’ll vote on whether to approve the contract.
Southwest flight attendants are represented by the Transport Workers Union.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dashcam Video Shows Deputy Swept Away By High Water
- Texas Rangers 2016 Spring Training Schedule Released
- American FIFA Sponsors Demand ‘Independent Oversight’ Of Reforms
- Bush’s Texas Agency Joins Lawsuit Alleging Federal Land Overreach
- GM, Fiat Chrysler Sales Up In November, But Ford Was Flat