WASHINGTON (AP) – The union representing flight attendants for AirTran Airways has announced a tentative contract agreement.
Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Co. bought AirTran in May 2011 and is moving toward merging the two operations under the Southwest name.
The AirTran unit of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA said Tuesday that the deal with Southwest would cover 1,700 flight attendants, who’ll vote on whether to approve the contract.
Southwest flight attendants are represented by the Transport Workers Union.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rick Perry Rules Out Senate Run Against Ted Cruz In 2018
- Hurricanes, Earthquakes Estimated To Cost Industry $95B
- Raiders Lynch Ejected For Pushing Official, Sits In Stands
- Obama Tells Democrats To Reject Politics Of Division, Fear
- Kansas’ Meacham Faces No. 4 TCU’s Defense