Southwest Airlines & AirTran Union Reach Deal
WASHINGTON (AP) – The union representing flight attendants for AirTran Airways has announced a tentative contract agreement.
Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Co. bought AirTran in May 2011 and is moving toward merging the two operations under the Southwest name.
The AirTran unit of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA said Tuesday that the deal with Southwest would cover 1,700 flight attendants, who’ll vote on whether to approve the contract.
Southwest flight attendants are represented by the Transport Workers Union.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Cowboys Head Coach Reacts To Greg Hardy Tweet
- Rangers Claim Kickham Off Waivers
- Official Number Of April North Texas Tornadoes Upped To 15
- New Ban On Abortion Coverage Easily Clears Texas Senate
- This Week In Baseball: It’s Time For The DH In Both Leagues