WASHINGTON (AP) – The union representing flight attendants for AirTran Airways has announced a tentative contract agreement.
Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Co. bought AirTran in May 2011 and is moving toward merging the two operations under the Southwest name.
The AirTran unit of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA said Tuesday that the deal with Southwest would cover 1,700 flight attendants, who’ll vote on whether to approve the contract.
Southwest flight attendants are represented by the Transport Workers Union.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 Injured, Including 2 Children, After Vehicle Strikes Garland Police Car
- Cowboys Trash Giants As Tank Profanely Trashes Refs
- Athletes, Entertainers Rush To Support Bullied Tennessee Boy
- Dallas Convention Center Evacuated For 2nd Time In 3 Days
- Prescott Throws 3 TDs As Cowboys Spoil Eli’s Return