WASHINGTON (AP) – The union representing flight attendants for AirTran Airways has announced a tentative contract agreement.
Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Co. bought AirTran in May 2011 and is moving toward merging the two operations under the Southwest name.
The AirTran unit of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA said Tuesday that the deal with Southwest would cover 1,700 flight attendants, who’ll vote on whether to approve the contract.
Southwest flight attendants are represented by the Transport Workers Union.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 7 Guatemalans Treated At Texas Burn Hospital After Volcano
- Verizon To End Some Sale Of Phone-Location Data
- Marriott On Board As Amazon Launches Alexa For Hotel Rooms
- Dallas Keuchel & Adam Rippon Featured In ESPN Body Issue
- Circus Bear Attacks Handler As Audience Watches In Horror