WASHINGTON (AP) – The union representing flight attendants for AirTran Airways has announced a tentative contract agreement.
Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Co. bought AirTran in May 2011 and is moving toward merging the two operations under the Southwest name.
The AirTran unit of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA said Tuesday that the deal with Southwest would cover 1,700 flight attendants, who’ll vote on whether to approve the contract.
Southwest flight attendants are represented by the Transport Workers Union.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Coat Is Up For Auction
- Cowboys Draft Pick Ezekiel Elliott Talks With 105.3 The Fan
- Rovi Buying TiVo In $1.1B Cash & Stock Deal
- Start Of 2nd Weekend Of Jazz Fest Soaked By Rain
- Kasich PAC’s Web Ads Target Delegates With Vision Of Victory