OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Oklahoma City Thunder guard DeAndre Liggins has been arrested after his girlfriend told police he attacked her in front of their 2-year-old son.
No charges had been filed by Wednesday in connection to the Saturday incident. Liggins’ lawyer and the district attorney didn’t return messages.
A probable cause affidavit says the woman told police that Liggins punched and hit her at his home. She says she locked herself in a bedroom, but he kicked in the door, pushed her down and dropped a fan and Xbox on her head.
Liggins was arrested Saturday on suspicion of domestic assault and other charges. The 25-year-old was later released after posting $8,000 bail.
In a statement, Thunder general manager Sam Presti noted the seriousness of the allegations but declined comment pending more information.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- WWE Superstar AJ Styles VS Mark Wahlberg At WrestleMania 33?
- Jones Says Romo Injury A “Setback” But Doesn’t Kill His Optimism For 2016 Season
- Court Tosses Data Speed Reduction Lawsuit Against AT&T
- Cowboys Waive DE Jenkins & Put CB Thomas On IR
- Djokovic’s Right Arm Troubles Him At U.S. Open