AUSTIN (AP) — Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott reports raising more than $1 million in August for his Republican gubernatorial run.
Abbott has continued a robust fundraising pace since launching his campaign in July, when he entered the race having already raised nearly $23 million. He is the early favorite to replace Gov. Rick Perry, who is not seeking re-election after 14 years.
His only challenger so far is Republican Tom Pauken, the former head of the Texas Workforce Commission.
Democratic state Sen. Wendy Davis is also considering a run after her filibuster to temporarily block new Texas abortion restrictions made her an overnight party star. But Davis has delayed a decision while caring for her ailing father.
Abbott also raised $1 million in July.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Restaurant May Stop Deliveries Due To Crime Against Employees
- Tanaka, Yankees Top Keuchel, Astros 5-0 For 3-2 Lead In ALCS
- After Crisis, Improvements Made At Dallas 911 Call Center
- Texas Man’s Execution Halted Amid Alleged Confession Scheme
- Arlington Police Standoff Ends With An Arrest