DALLAS (AP) – Two brothers have been sentenced to prison for robbing the same North Texas bank twice.
A federal judge in Dallas on Wednesday sentenced 46-year-old Johnny Charles Butler to 35 years in prison and 44-year-old James Robert Cleveland Butler to 25 years. The brothers from Quinlan were arrested in August 2012 following a standoff at their home in which Johnny Butler fired at officers.
A Bank of America branch in Forney was robbed in November 2011 and in May 2012.
Johnny Butler earlier this year pleaded guilty to two counts of armed bank robbery, plus assaulting a federal officer and using and carrying a firearm during a violent crime. James Butler in February pleaded guilty to two counts of armed bank robbery, plus using and carrying a firearm during a violent crime.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sanders, Trump Win New Hampshire Primaries
- Dance Studio Director Arrested For Indecency With A Child
- Suspected Peeping Tom Turns Himself In
- Changes Coming To West 7th Street Bridge In Fort Worth?
- L.A. Rams Owner Purchases W.T. Waggoner Ranch