NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) – Dana Owens, perhaps a little better known as Queen Latifah, is a musician, producer, author and Oscar-nominated actress. And now, she’s now launching a new daytime TV show on CBS.
“The Queen Latifah Show,” she explained on “CBS This Morning,” is the brainchild of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith. “I was in London having a Guinness, a van rolled up, someone jumped in grabbed me, it was Will and Jada, and they kidnapped me made me do this talk show,” Queen Latifah said. “I did do a talk show before and I learned a lot. I had a good time doing it, but I think there was a lot more I wanted to do at the time. I wanted to act more, so I hadn’t done ‘Chicago,’ ‘Bringing Down the House,’ ‘Beauty Shop,’ ‘Last Holiday.’ And I still had that in me, and I had the option to leave that talk show. So after the second year, I thought, you know what? I really want to do it.”
But now, Queen Latifah said she’s ready to take on a TV show again. She said, “I’m excited about it… I feel like life — I’ve gotten to do a lot of things in this journey that life has brought me back right here where I need to be.”
- British Prime Minister Theresa May To Visit Trump Friday
- Many Arrested Inauguration Day Protesters Will Face Felony Rioting Charges, Prosecutors Say
- Community Welcomes Home Wylie Football Player Who Had Stroke
- A-List Celebs Out In Force For Women’s Marches
- Thousands Of North Texans March In Support Of Women’s Rights