SOUTHLAKE (AP) – Ex-Continental Airlines CEO Larry Kellner will become chairman of Sabre Holdings.
The announcement came Wednesday from Southlake-based Sabre, which owns Travelocity.
Sabre separated the roles of CEO and chairman when Tom Klein became CEO last month, replacing Sam Gilliland — who remained on the board.
Kellner was chief financial officer, president, chief operating officer and finally chairman and CEO at Continental when the carrier was based in Houston. He left in 2009 to join a private equity firm. Continental was acquired by United Airlines the following year.
Sabre originated as the technology division of Fort Worth-based American Airlines and was spun off in 2000. Equity firms TPG and Silver Lake Partners took it private in 2007.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fantasy Football: Who To Start, Who To Sit For Week 7
- State Rep. From San Antonio Arrested For Family Violence
- Keller ISD Fires Employee Charged With Online Solicitation Of Minor
- Will The Return Of Stars Disrupt Team Chemistry?
- Texas, 2 Other States Deny Russia Request To Monitor Election