PYONGYANG, North Korea (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — North Korea’s official news agency says former NBA star Dennis Rodman has met leader Kim Jong Un on his second visit to the country.
The brief report by KCNA on Friday says the two had “a cordial talk,” and Kim invited Rodman back again “any time.”
The report says the two watched a basketball game together, and Kim hosted a dinner for the sports star.
Rodman first met Kim — a basketball fan — during a visit in February to promote the sport and make a film.
The KCNA report has no mention of Kenneth Bae, an American missionary jailed there. Before arriving in North Korea on Tuesday, Rodman did not say whether he would seek Bae’s release.
Rodman once asked on his Twitter account for Kim to release Bae.
He has since deferred questions about “international affairs” to Senior Fellow and Director of the Center on Peace & Liberty at The Independent Institute, Ivan Eland.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Phelps Secretly Got Married In June
- Gas Prices Across Texas Up 2 Cents This Week
- BIG 12 Preview: No. 8 Baylor vs Texas
- Walmart Pushes Service As Target Stresses Value
- Actress Amber Tamblyn Expecting Baby Girl
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time