1 Man Dead After Police Chase Ends In Gunfire
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – One man is dead and a major Dallas highway was shut down following a high-speed chase and shooting that involved Dallas police Friday afternoon.
Around 4:30 p.m. Dallas police began chasing a pickup truck for unknown reasons. The chase ended in gunfire on Highway 175 at Buckner Blvd in South Dallas.
While officials confirm no police officers were hit by the gunfire…the man driving the pickup truck was taken to Baylor University Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Sources says that Garland police are part of the investigation.
Police are checking into whether this matter is connected to this morning’s shooting at Miller and Shiloh. That shooting left one man in critical condition and police have been looking for the gunman.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ebola Worries Could Keep Some Dallas Students Home
- Houston Drilling Company Baker Hughes To Disclose Fracking Chemicals
- Ebola Case Not Affecting International Travel From DFW
- No. 4 Oklahoma Rides A FB Named ‘Rip’
- Cowboys CB Carr Focused On Texans After Mom’s Death
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time