GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Garland are searching for the suspect in a convenience store shooting. The incident happened shortly after 7:30 a.m. Friday morning at the QuikTrip gas station at the corner of Miller Road and Shiloh Road. Police arrived at the scene to find a man with a gunshot wound to the head.
The victim was identified as 31-year-old William Chapman of Garland. He was transported to Baylor Medical Center at Dallas and is listed in critical condition. According to police, Chapman was a customer inside of the gas station when the suspect entered, walked up to Chapman, shot him and then walked away.
The suspect has been identified as 32-year-old Domingo Soto of Dallas. He has been described as 5 feet 3 inches tall and 135 pounds. He is wanted for aggravated assault, and authorities are following leads in order to bring him into custody. Anything with information about Soto has been urged to contact the Garland Police Department.
Authorities believe that the shooting stemmed from an argument over a woman. Chapman is now involved with Soto’s ex-girlfriend.
- Debate Over JFK Assassination Continues In Dallas After Release Of Documents
- Person Shot To Death During Altercation At Dallas Strip Mall
- Officials Investigating Fire At Luxury Hotel Landmark In Dallas
- Mayfield Snubbed As No. 3 Sooners Roll 41-3 Win Over Kansas
- Investigation Underway After Fort Worth Police Vehicle Hits, Kills Pedestrian
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time