Texas Air Force Commander Ready For Zombies
Get Breaking News First
ABILENE (AP) - Preparing for all eventualities, a wing commander at a West Texas Air Force base says he has a plan for defending the base from attacks by zombies.
Brig. Gen. Glen VanHerck commands the 7th Bomb Wing at Dyess Air Force Base near Abilene. His answer to an online Q&A session that he had a zombie defense plan drew attention from the magazine Air Force Times.
VanHerck told the Abilene Reporter-News he didn’t intend to attract that much attention, only to show the Dyess community he was “approachable” and a human with a sense of humor.
And the plan? First, secure the base. Second, alert base personnel via Internet, public access television and social media. Next, fortify all gates, airdrop supplies to Abilene neighborhoods, then launch B-1Bs against the zombies.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gas Leak May Have Caused House Explosion That Injured 6
- Dallas Sheriff’s Deputy On Leave After Sexual Assault Indictment
- Resident Records School Zone “Chaos” Outside Middle School
- Concussion Screenings Now Common For Young Athletes
- Sternest Charge Over Texas Man’s Pot Brownies Dropped
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time