ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Arlington say they’re looking for answers in what they have determined is a double murder on the city’s north side. Two bodies were found at the Stone Canyon Apartments just before noon Saturday.
“Nothing points to a murder-suicide, it appears this is a double homicide,” according to Arlington police Lt. Christopher Cook.
Police say a family member discovered the victims. A door was partly open. An adult man and adult woman were dead inside.
“It appears potentially that the apartment had been ransacked inside and so we’re waiting for the medical examiner and some of our other detectives to make the scene before we actually process the inside of the scene,” said Lt. Cook.
As they waited, officers talked to grieving family members to determine who the victims are, if they even lived in the apartment, and if anyone might want to harm them. The crime shook up neighbors, who say it is out or character for this normally quiet, peaceful area.
“It’s pretty shocking,” said Tiffanee Culifer, who lives near where the victims were found.
Culifer has lived at the apartments little more than a month. The crime brought back unwanted memories of her best friend’s murder in Arlington years ago.
“I’m very worried. I hope they find who did it and there’s justice for the family.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mars Investigating Skittles Said To Be Intended For Cattle
- 4 Texans Plead Guilty In Theft Of Dinosaur Bones From Utah Site
- Police Need Help Identifying Armed Robbery Suspects
- George H.W. Bush, Wife Barbara, Recovering From Illnesses
- Hundreds Of Thousands Of Women Protest Against Trump
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time