Last Chance To Pay Overdue Road Tolls
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - This is the final week for drivers to pay any overdue tolls before facing stiff penalties from the North Texas Tollway Authority. Friday marks the deadline for the grace period, where drivers pay the tolls plus 10 percent. After that, the NTTA has the authority to ban a driver from toll roads or block a car’s registration.
“We have not had any toll enforcement tools other than the administrative fees,” explained Carrie Rogers with the NTTA, about the changes to the penalty system. “I think people thought, that perception out there, that they could get away with it.”
The NTTA published a list of the state’s top violators in June. Rogers said, “Those folks out there who continue to use this system and do not pay, these are folks who have accumulated over 100 unpaid tolls over the period of a year.” Click here to see that full list of violators, sorted by last name.
So far, the NTTA has collected about $3 million in back tolls. “We’ve had a really good response,” Rogers said, “and we’re hoping that we see a rush in these last few days.”
- Frisco Police Community Rallies To Help Sick Officer
- The Real Reason Cowboys’ Romo Was At UNC-Duke?
- Source: Cowboys Initiate Talks With Hatcher, Spencer
- 20 Austin-Based Company Employees On Missing Flight
- Dallas Homeless Shelter Unveils New Medical Center
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time