Last Chance To Pay Overdue Road Tolls
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - This is the final week for drivers to pay any overdue tolls before facing stiff penalties from the North Texas Tollway Authority. Friday marks the deadline for the grace period, where drivers pay the tolls plus 10 percent. After that, the NTTA has the authority to ban a driver from toll roads or block a car’s registration.
“We have not had any toll enforcement tools other than the administrative fees,” explained Carrie Rogers with the NTTA, about the changes to the penalty system. “I think people thought, that perception out there, that they could get away with it.”
The NTTA published a list of the state’s top violators in June. Rogers said, “Those folks out there who continue to use this system and do not pay, these are folks who have accumulated over 100 unpaid tolls over the period of a year.” Click here to see that full list of violators, sorted by last name.
So far, the NTTA has collected about $3 million in back tolls. “We’ve had a really good response,” Rogers said, “and we’re hoping that we see a rush in these last few days.”
- 16 Smoking Hot Female Athletes You Should Follow On Instagram
- Top 10 Athlete-Celebrity Look Alikes
- Fort Worth Police Recruit Gay Officers With New Video
- Dallas Police Identify At Large Murder Suspect
- Collin County Commissioner Warns of “Illegal Immigrant Tsunami”
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time