AUSTIN (AP) – Daje Johnson, a big playmaker for the Texas offense, will miss Saturday’s game against No. 25 Mississippi with a sprained left ankle.
Johnson scored two touchdowns in Texas’ season-opening win over New Mexico State but was injured on the third play of last weekend’s 40-21 loss at BYU. Johnson’s ankle twisted awkwardly when his leg was pinned under a defender.
Longhorns quarterback David Ash, who left the game in the fourth quarter after injuring his right shoulder and taking a knock to the head, is still being evaluated for this week’s game.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deaf Poodle Rescued From Storm Drain
- Animal Activists Demand Answers After Dog Dies In Shelter
- SMU Offers Degree In Making Video Games
- Free Historic Home… But There’s A Catch
- Fire At Practice Facility Near Texas Tech Football Stadium
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time