Mourners Remember Fatally Stabbed Student
Get Breaking News First
SPRING (AP) — Hundreds of mourners paid tribute to a 17-year-old high school student fatally stabbed last week at a suburban Houston high school.
Family and friends on Monday packed Spring Baptist Church to attend a funeral service for Joshua Devon Broussard. More than 70 law enforcement officers also were on hand to provide security.
A memorial service was disrupted Sunday night when shots were fired outside the church. No injuries were reported and no arrests have been made.
Prosecutors have charged 17-year-old Luis Alonzo Alfaro with murder. He was being held Monday on a murder charge with bond set at $140,000.
Broussard was fatally stabbed during a fight at Spring High School, located 20 miles north of Houston.
Investigators blame gang rivalry for the fight, which also injured three.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Joe Gibbs: Tony Stewart Is ‘A Racer’s Racer’
- Texas Regulators Approve Expansion Of Nuke Site
- Former President George W. Bush Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Both Sides Rest In Teacher’s Hit-&-Run Trial
- Cowboys Worth More Than $3 Billion
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time