UNIVERSITY PARK (CBSDFW.COM) – An SMU student says an unknown man grabbed her and tried to sexually assault her as she walked near Ford Stadium Sunday night.
It happened in the 3100 block of Mockingbird Lane about 8:30 p.m.
The student was able to fight off the suspect and get away. She described him to police as a black man in his 20s, about 6 feet tall with a muscular build. She says he was wearing a red shirt and long white or silver shorts. He was running west on Mockingbird Lane after the attempted assault. University Park Police are investigating this latest case, which is the the fourth sexual assault or attempted sexual assault involving an SMU student or on the SMU campus since the beginning of 2013.
Earlier this month on September 1, a woman reported she was sexually assaulted by an SMU student acquaintance at a fraternity house located at 3005 Dyer Court. The woman was not an SMU student. On February 2, a student reported an attempted sexual assault an off-campus residence in the 3400 block of Daniel Avenue. Also, on January 21, an SMU student reported she was sexually assaulted by another student she knew in an SMU residence hall room at 6004 Hillcrest Avenue.
- Gary McCord On DEAN & DELUCA Invitational: ‘Heck Of A Golf Course’
- Suspect In Times Square Car Crash That Killed 1 Is Indicted
- Video Appears To Show Texas Officer Hitting Teenage Girl
- Police To Answer For Not Responding To Dangerous Driving Incident
- Graco Recalls Car Seats For Harness Webbing Issue
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time