UNIVERSITY PARK (CBSDFW.COM) – An SMU student says an unknown man grabbed her and tried to sexually assault her as she walked near Ford Stadium Sunday night.
It happened in the 3100 block of Mockingbird Lane about 8:30 p.m.
The student was able to fight off the suspect and get away. She described him to police as a black man in his 20s, about 6 feet tall with a muscular build. She says he was wearing a red shirt and long white or silver shorts. He was running west on Mockingbird Lane after the attempted assault. University Park Police are investigating this latest case, which is the the fourth sexual assault or attempted sexual assault involving an SMU student or on the SMU campus since the beginning of 2013.
Earlier this month on September 1, a woman reported she was sexually assaulted by an SMU student acquaintance at a fraternity house located at 3005 Dyer Court. The woman was not an SMU student. On February 2, a student reported an attempted sexual assault an off-campus residence in the 3400 block of Daniel Avenue. Also, on January 21, an SMU student reported she was sexually assaulted by another student she knew in an SMU residence hall room at 6004 Hillcrest Avenue.
- Cop Indicted For January Killing To Turn Himself In Monday
- 81-Year-Old Wrong-Way Driver Arrested In Denton
- Keidel: Raiders Spend Big On Carr
- Amber Alert Issued For Teen Believed To Be In Danger
- New Charges For Ex-Balch Springs Officer Accused In Teen Murder
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time