FORT WORTH (AP) – TCU quarterback Casey Pachall is out indefinitely and will miss multiple games after surgery on his injured left arm.
While the 24th-ranked Horned Frogs started preparations Sunday for their Big 12 opener Thursday night at Texas Tech, Pachall was recovering from surgery.
Pachall fractured a bone in his non-throwing arm in the second quarter Saturday in a 38-17 win over Southeastern Louisiana, and had surgery later in the day.
Pachall, the senior who missed the final nine games last season after leaving school for substance abuse treatment, got hurt at the end of a running play.
Sophomore Trevone Boykin took over and will return to the starting role. Boykin’s three wins as a freshman quarterback were all Big 12 road games.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas’ GOP Speaker Calls For Removal Of Confederate Marker
- SEC Football Report: Florida Tops Tennessee On Hail Mary
- Wings’ Allisha Gray Wins WNBA Rookie Of The Year Award
- Kohl’s To Start Accepting Amazon Returns At Some Stores
- Texas’ Castro Again Says He’s Not Planning Gubernatorial Run
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time