Big 12 Acknowledges Mistake By Officials
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING (AP) - The Big 12 Conference on Monday acknowledged the misapplication of a rule by its officiating crew that led to the ejection of a Southeastern Louisiana player at 24th-ranked TCU.
SLU linebacker Cqulin Hubert was ejected midway through the fourth quarter of the Lions’ 38-17 loss Saturday after being assessed his second unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the game.
The Big 12 said, however, that Hubert’s penalty in the third quarter for participating without a helmet should not have been considered an unsportsmanlike act. That means the NCAA rule calling for automatic ejection for two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties shouldn’t have been applied.
The league said appropriate measures have been taken by the coordinator of football officials with the officiating crew involved. The league didn’t elaborate.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Top 8 Oddest Jerry Jones Quotes
- TCU Gets $30 Million For Business School
- 2nd Chikungunya Case In Dallas County
- McKinney Dowell Middle School Evacuated Over Gas Leak
- Time Warner Cable Says Outages Largely Resolved
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time