Cowboys Release Eric Frampton From IR
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
IRVING (AP) – The Cowboys have released safety Eric Frampton after reaching an injury settlement with their leading tackler on special teams last year.
Frampton injured a groin Aug. 11 during training camp in California and never returned to practice. He was placed on injured reserve on Sept. 4. He would be eligible to return to the Cowboys in Week 10.
The 29-year-old Frampton had 21 special teams tackles and finished with a career-high 25 tackles on defense in 2012. He had the first two starts of his career in the final two games.
Frampton was drafted by Oakland in 2007 but released at the end of training camp. He played for Detroit and Minnesota before signing with Dallas early last season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Thanksgiving: Parades, Travel, Shopping
- Season Over For Cowboys DT Crawford
- Twitter Now Tracks Apps You’ve Installed
- Chandler Rules As Mavs Top Knicks 109-102
- SMU Pushes Past Texas Southern 72-59
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time