From Dallas Cowboys
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
IRVING (AP) – The Cowboys have released safety Eric Frampton after reaching an injury settlement with their leading tackler on special teams last year.
Frampton injured a groin Aug. 11 during training camp in California and never returned to practice. He was placed on injured reserve on Sept. 4. He would be eligible to return to the Cowboys in Week 10.
The 29-year-old Frampton had 21 special teams tackles and finished with a career-high 25 tackles on defense in 2012. He had the first two starts of his career in the final two games.
Frampton was drafted by Oakland in 2007 but released at the end of training camp. He played for Detroit and Minnesota before signing with Dallas early last season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Frisco Schools Offering Free Lunches For More Security
- City Officials To Discuss Storm Preparedness
- Christmas Spirit Alive At Frisco Elementary School
- CBSDFW.COM Fantasy Football Show: Week 15
- Charity Director Handling Private West Donations To Resign
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time