IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) — It was an explosive debut for Chip Kelly and the Philadelphia Eagles offense on Monday Night Football.
Curious fans were watching to see how the high-octane offense would translate to the NFL — and so was Jerry Jones.
Jones joined New School on 105.3 The Fan to discuss a variety of topics, including the Eagles and their new up-tempo offense.
“It’s a crisp way to run a football team,” said Jones. “I don’t know that that’s a fad. I think the stepped up play may have a place.”
The Michael-Vick led attack ran 53 plays and totaled 312 yards of offense in the first half, taking a 26-7 lead into the break.
“To me, it did look faster than I thought it would,” said Jones.
The Cowboys will get their first shot at the Eagles offense in week 6 when the Cowboys visit Philadelphia.
Claiborne Questionable For KC; Others Should Play
Jones provided the following injury updates as the team prepares to travel to Kansas City for their Sunday game.
- On Dez Bryant’s foot: “We had it x-rayed and we think that — at least as of last night — we think it will be something we will watch this week, but he can play with this week.”
- On Morris Claiborne: “That’s the one will have to keep an eye on….We’ll probably have to brace that up pretty good, but there’s a chance he’ll go.”
- On Anthony Spencer: “We don’t want to bring Spencer along any faster than we have to, but he sure had a good last two or three days before we stopped Sunday.” Jones expects Spencer to “take snaps” against KC.
- On Brian Waters: Jones is impressed with his football readiness and expects the guard to also “take snaps” against KC.
- On Tony Romo: “I was really relieved when we got t0 the locker room and the medical people and doctors said he was going to be able to go and was in pretty good shape.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Baylor Women Reach 10th Straight Sweet 16 With Win Over Michigan
- Lamah Scores Twice As FC Dallas Beats 10-Man Sounders 3-0
- Bruins Sign American Olympic Star Ryan Donato To Entry-Level Deal
- Martin Truex Jr. Grabs First Win Of NASCAR Season At Fontana
- Florida State Comes Back To Oust Top-Seeded Xavier 75-70