Mavs Add 3 To Roster As Training Camp Nears
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – The Dallas Mavericks announced on Tuesday the acquisitions of center Fab Melo, guard-forward D.J. Kennedy and guard Richard McConnell, expanding their roster to 17 prior to training camp.
Melo, a former Syracuse University standout and Big East Defensive Player of the Year, was a first-round pick by Boston last year and appeared in six games for the Celtics. The 7-footer spent most of the season with Maine in the NBA Development League. He was traded to Memphis for Donte Green in August and waived by the Grizzlies two weeks later.
Kennedy helped Rio Grande Valley win the D-League championship last season. He played two games for Cleveland during the 2011-12 season, scoring 12 points in his debut with the Cavaliers. In 2011, Kennedy helped St. John’s University get back to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2002.
McConnell played in Italy last season, averaging 13.6 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.7 assists for Tezenis VE. He was named WCC Player of the Year during his senior year at St. Mary’s.
Mavs training camp starts Oct. 1.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- ‘Animated’ Dez Bryant Explains Fight With Tyler Patmon At Cowboys Camp
- Hamilton Homers, Perez Wins As Rangers Edge Giants 2-1
- Rangers Put Scheppers On DL, Recall Klein
- Jeremy Mincey Reports To Dallas Cowboys Training Camp, Holdout Is Over
- Mavs Sign First Round Draft Pick Justin Anderson
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time