Toyota Wins FC Dallas Stadium Naming Rights
FRISCO (AP) - FC Dallas has reached a long-term agreement with Toyota for the naming rights to the club’s suburban Dallas home stadium and extended soccer complex.
Officials of the Major League Soccer franchise announced Tuesday that their field in Frisco will be named Toyota Stadium while 17 other fields adjacent to the stadium will be called Toyota Soccer Center.
The terms of the deal were not revealed.
The complex covers 145 acres adjacent to downtown Frisco and in addition to being home to FC Dallas, the stadium hosts international soccer matches, concerts and other events. The surrounding fields are used primarily for youth soccer.
The announcement comes 1 1/2 years after the expiration of the team’s original naming-rights deal with Plano, Texas-based Pizza Hut. The stadium opened in 2005 as Pizza Hut Park.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cedar Hill PD Does Spot On Mathew McConaughey Parody
- Families With Special Military Bond Don’t Let Icy Roads Cancel Event
- Fort Worth ISD’s Only Superintendent Pick Withdraws Nomination
- Cowboys To Use Franchise Tag On Dez Bryant
- Body Discovered At Lake Ray Hubbard During Missing Person Search
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time