Journalists To Recall JFK Assassination
FORT WORTH (AP) – A group of journalists who covered President John F. Kennedy’s fateful trip to Texas are set to gather for a discussion.
The program “Fort Worth Remembers JFK” set for the Texas Christian University campus also will feature actor/director Bill Paxton, who as a young boy heard the president speak outside the Hotel Texas in Fort Worth.
CBS newsman Bob Schieffer will host the panel discussion, which includes Hugh Aynesworth, who worked for The Dallas Morning News at the time of the assassination, and Mike Cochran, who worked for The Associated Press at the time.
The event is Wednesday evening in Fort Worth, where Kennedy spent his last night before proceeding to Dallas the morning of Nov. 22, 1963. This year marks the 50th anniversary of Kennedy’s assassination in downtown Dallas.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston
- Mavs’ Carlisle Fined $25,000 For Criticizing Refs After Loss
- Town Prays For Texas Ice Cream Maker Linked To Listeria
- Texas GOP’s 2016 Presidential hopefuls Call For Strong US
- When It Comes To Your Fantasy Team, Always Be Looking For Someone Better
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time