Police Release Disturbing Details About Suspected Rapes
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) - Serial rape suspect Van Dralan Dixson, 38, remains in police custody in Louisiana on a 5-million dollar bond. Dixson’s extradition hearing, which will allow him to be brought from Baton Rouge back to Dallas, could happen as early as Thursday morning.
Meanwhile, Dallas police have released the arrest affidavits for the four rapes Dixson has been linked to through DNA test results.
According to the documents, Dixson approached one of his victims on August 30, while she was walking her two children, a 15-year-old daughter and 9-year-old son, to a DART station. The victim told police he first pulled out a gun and demanded that she give him money.
She says her son started to cry as she fumbled to find the $20 she had on her. That’s when Dixson waved the gun in his face, according to the affidavit. She “fumbled at her shirt, believing the money to be there and when her shirt came undone the suspect ordered the two children to leave.”
The victim says he took her to an alleyway and ordered her to perform a sex act on him.
On another occasion on August 20, two women were walking from a bus stop at about 1:30 a.m. when Dixson approached them and took them to a vacant house where he ordered both of them to perform sex acts on him.
In one of the first reported rapes from June 30, the victim told police Dixson held a gun to her head as he ordered her to perform sex acts on him.
Dixson faces four counts of aggravated sexual assault when he returns to Dallas and possibly more. Police are awaiting DNA results from two additional assaults that could lead to more charges for Dixson. A total of nine rapes were reported in the Fair Park area from mid June through early September.
CBS 11 learned Dixson was accused of raping a woman 20 years ago, but the victim was struck by lightning and died before the case could go to trial. In 1993, Dixson was convicted of aggravated robbery. He spent ten years in prison.
- Colorado Geophysicists Work To Find Cause Of North Texas Quakes
- Texas Executes Man For 1996 Strangling, Beating Death
- Fort Worth Officer Stable After Shooting; Suspect Killed
- Plano PD Calls Special Kidnapping Safety Meeting
- Woman’s Car Impounded For Failure To Pay Tolls
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time