TEXARKANA (AP) – The East Texas woman accused of mailing poison-laced letters to President Barack Obama and others is due in federal court.
A detention hearing for Shannon Guess Richardson is scheduled for Wednesday morning in Texarkana, Texas.
Authorities say Richardson tried to set up her husband for sending letters laced with ricin to Obama, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and to a leader of the mayor’s gun-control group.
She was charged with two counts of mailing a threatening communication and one count of making a threat against the president.
Richardson is an actress from New Boston, Texas, near Texarkana. She remains in custody after giving birth in July.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Autistic Teen Delivers Inspiring Graduation Speech In Plano
- Trevino, Rangers Rally For 4 Runs In 9th, Beat Rockies 13-12
- Brooks Koepka Repeats As US Open Champ
- 2 Arrested For Fight At Frisco Mall That Injured Teen
- Officials Suggest World Cup Celebrations In Mexico Caused Artificial Quake
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time