Child Found Unconscious In Hot Car In Anna
ANNA (CBSDFW.COM) – A 2-year-old boy was taken to the hospital on Thursday after being found in the back of a hot car.
The Collin County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that the toddler’s father found him unconscious, but breathing, in a hot car parked outside of a home in the 9300 block of Sam Rayburn Parkway in Anna. The child had been in the car for an unknown length of time.
The boy was taken by a medical helicopter to Children’s Medical Center in Dallas. He remains in critical condition.
A spokesperson for the Collin County Sheriff’s Office stated that nobody has been arrested at this time, and it is unknown if any charges will be filed. According to police, the child got out of the house unnoticed and entered the car by himself.
This all happened at about 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, when the temperature in Anna was in the mid-90s. Conditions will be similar throughout the next week, and officials are asking that everybody be aware of the dangers that hot cars can present to both people and pets.
- Second Night Weather Headlines ACM Show
- How Stars Spent The Day Before The ACMs
- Watauga PD Arrest Attempted Kidnapping Suspect
- Former Ranger, Josh Hamilton, Files For Divorce In Tarrant County
- Blue Bell Working To Get Past Listeria Contamination Scare
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time