6 Lancaster Elementary School Students Allege Abuse By Teacher
Get Breaking News First
LANCASTER (CBSDFW.COM) - Six Lancaster Elementary School students questioned by district police officers reported physical abuse at the hands of a teacher.
Lancaster ISD’s police department began investigating that teacher before the start of school, after a female employee approached officers with her concerns.
The teacher was overseeing young students in the school’s Tiger Time program, a summer day camp.
“(He) grabbed me by the neck,” reads a transcript of an interview with “student #3″, provided to CBS 11 News by the district.
“(He) slapped me and it really hurt,” reads an account from “student #4.”
“He hit me on the my head,” reported “student #5.”
“He grabbed me and punched me. Yesterday in the gym he was mad at me, and slammed my head in the wall,” reported “student #6.”
The district said, shortly after officers began asking questions, the teacher resigned, and the police department halted its investigation.
Parents at the school told us they were never notified and surprised to learn about the alleged abuse.
“It doesn’t make me feel good. It doesn’t make me feel comfortable bringing him. Knowing that happened and I didn’t know about it,” said Damien Davis, a parent at the school.
Assistant Superintendent Roosevelt Nivens said the district did notify Child Protective Services and that it is still investigating.
Attempts to reach the teacher under investigation were unsuccessful.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- City Considers Charging To Surrender Pets At Shelter
- Ferguson, Missouri Cops Start Wearing Body Cameras
- Dozens Gather To Remember 6 Killed In Weekend Crash
- Buyers & Renters In The Hunt For North Texas Housing
- Rick Perry Joins List Of Political Social Media “Fails”
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time